About Me

I am a new empty nester, and I love to make cards and ATCs. I am always looking for ways to use the product I have, to learn new techniques and ways to do things, and most of all, to have fun with the creating of my art.

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Another card!!

Yes, I was busy yesterday... a couple of the cards, such as the one above, I had partially done for a while, I just hadn't finished it... and seeing as I have a few birthdays in July to make cards for, I thought that it would be good to make it a birthday card... the butterfly and sentiment are Hero Arts ( yes, I really REALLY like HA right now, they are making a LOT of stuff that I like), and the punches are Martha Stewart.  I can't remember who makes the scrapbook paper, all that I remember is that it came in a mini set of 6x6 papers in a magazine that someone gave to me. It's quite pretty, and if I ever remember the name, I'll try and pick some up.  To get dimension on the butterfly, I stamped it three times.  Once for the base, and on the second piece, I stamped it on each side, so even when the wings are up, it looks like a butterfly, and not just plain paper.   The cardstock the butterfly is stamped on is a white stripe that my step mom (RIP) gave to me for Christmas a few years ago.  Yes, I admit to hoarding it, because it's so lovely... that, and she got it in the USA, and I can't get there to shop. :) 
Now that I think all my July cards are done,  I can play, take some time off, or work on my August Christmas Card Challenge cards, once I figure out what the challenge is.
Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would LOVE to hear from you.