Tuesday, June 28, 2011
Monday, June 27, 2011
I realized a little too late that I had missed the entry deadline for this challenge, but it was still fun to do.
Saturday, June 25, 2011
CAS-ual Friday challenge 8 card, which was to do something edgy with your card, The Play Date Cafe challenge 87, which was to use slate blue, barn red and grey on a card, and the current Hero Arts challenge, which is to do a congratulations card. I started with a slate blue (as close as I had) base, cut folded and scored to a standard base card. I then had fun, and tore the card to give an edge. I inked the torn edge in Stormy Sky distress ink. I used some gingham patterned paper in slate blue and barn red, cut it to length, and taped it to the underside of the card. I tried to do a different edge again, but it didn't work. I rounded the bottom corners. Using Pumice Stone distress ink, I stamped the butterfly (Hero Arts) twice, once on the base cardstock, and once on the reverse of the gingham paper. I cut out the butterfly from the paper, and foam mounted it to the card. I tucked just a touch of gingham ribbon in red from the tail of the butterfly. I stamped "you did it!" (Hero Arts) in Pumice Stone ink. I finished by adding some grey pearls to the butterfly.
Wednesday, June 22, 2011
I am now officially loving watercolour pencils :) I think that Faber-Castell has 60 colours available, I will have to do a hunt to collect the other colours.
Tuesday, June 21, 2011
The Play Date Cafe Challenge 86 and the colour block challenge for CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #7. I started with some Making Memories League Varsity cardstock, that I've had for ages, and made a quarter fold card base with the orange side. Taking the flip side (the hollyhock colour), I cut a one inch wide strip from it, stamped the Hero Arts Envelope Pattern on it in Worn Lipstick Distress ink, and mounted it to the top of the card base. I used a 2.5 inch square of the sky blue on the Varsity cardstock, and stamped Hero Arts Musical Walk in Weathered Wood Distress ink, and foam mounted it on to the card. The pink seemed a tad overbearing, so I cut a .25 inch wide strip of the pale blue, and adhered it to the middle of the pink strip. I used the Hero Arts stamp Enjoy and stamped it on the right hand block in Worn Lipstick Distress Ink.
Friday, June 17, 2011
Sunday, June 12, 2011
Fall to Layout from Clean and Simple Stamping. I started with a Dusty Rose Bazzil base, and folded it so it was a landscape card. I then added two lines of twine on the bottom third of the card. Taking a half of a cream circle, I stamped the sentiment (Studio G) in Victorian Velvet Distress ink. I have some Prima flowers that I've had for eons, and took some blueberry (or as close as I could get it) flowers from there, as well as some Prima cream flowers. I used button brads in cream to attach the blueberry brads to the card, and blueberry brads to attach the cream flowers to card.
Saturday, June 4, 2011
This card also satisfies the CST challenge this week to use flowers on a card.
For the second card, I started with a base of Real Red cardstock (SU), then cut the front about 1.5 inches from the top. I took a piece of white cardstock, and adhered it to the red flap to make a full card. Using the leftover piece of red cardstock, I cut the piece to size, and rounded the corners. I added the white doily, which I stamped the flower (Hero Arts) in Mustard Seed distress ink. I stamped the sentiment (Hero Arts) in Colorbox Frost White ink. I completed the card by adding some yellow ribbon from Michaels.
Thursday, June 2, 2011
HERE with a photo of your cards.
Thank you for looking!