About Me

I am a new empty nester, and I love to make cards and ATCs. I am always looking for ways to use the product I have, to learn new techniques and ways to do things, and most of all, to have fun with the creating of my art.

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Faux Silk Cards

Thanks to a blog I read earlier in the week (sorry, I can't remember whose blog it was) and she had mentioned that Papertrey Ink did a faux silk technique.  Well, I am always up for learning new techniques.... so I clicked on the link HERE, and scrolled down until I saw the faux silk technique.  Watched the video, and realized I had done something very similar for years.... instead of stamping, then using white tissue paper over top, I would use any colour cardstock, then use a PRINTED tissue paper to go over top.. instant card front.  I was ready to try this, so I did two cards.   The first card I did, I used the shells from the Hero Arts set, Antique Engravings.  I stamped it in Dried Marigold (Tim Holtz distress ink), and followed the advice given in the video.  I liked the result, but the pattern is almost spaced out too much.  I used a medallion stamp for my second attempt, using SU's Purely Pomegranate (still sad to not see that and Cool Caribbean in the new colour families), then I distressed using Tattered Rose and Worn Lipstick distress inks.  I don't know if it's the distressing (which I missed on my first card) or the colours, or the stamps, but I am quite happy with the card.  I am sure to be using that technique often in the coming months.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would LOVE to hear from you.