About Me

I am a new empty nester, and I love to make cards and ATCs. I am always looking for ways to use the product I have, to learn new techniques and ways to do things, and most of all, to have fun with the creating of my art.

Friday, June 25, 2010

Birthday Card for my SIL

Well, I totally forgot that my sister in law's birthday is coming up early next month.  So I went to work and tried colour layering, as seen on the Hero Arts blog this month.  I used the Hero Arts dandelion frame stamp, and just stamped part of it in Victorian Velvet and Worn Lipstick... unfortunately,  the colours didn't really blend as well as I had hoped.  I stamped the image 4 times, never cleaning the stamp between inkings.  Taking a cue from Jen McGuire on the Paperclipping podcast #25, I found some old chipboard letters I bought because they were cute, but had never used.  They didn't show up on the cardstock without something dark behind it, so I brought in the brown to pull the mauvey brown colour of the Victorian Velvet.   I just kept a simple knot and put Jen's name in the chipboard letters... the card went off into the mail today, so hopefully it will arrive by her birthday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would LOVE to hear from you.