About Me

I am a new empty nester, and I love to make cards and ATCs. I am always looking for ways to use the product I have, to learn new techniques and ways to do things, and most of all, to have fun with the creating of my art.

Friday, October 22, 2010

Hero Arts Pairing Challenge Week 7 - Birthday Card

This is our final week of the Hero Arts pairing challenge.  I've really enjoyed making the cards for the challenges, and seeing how Mary Dawn does her cards.  For this final challenge,  we had to do a Birthday card... Now unlike some other challenges where I'm really really stumped on what to do for cards, birthday cards to me are fairly simple, and I love to play, trying out things and new to me techniques.  For this card, I started with kraft cardstock standard card size, and rounded the corners.  I then took some dark brown cardstock and cut it to 4 x 5 1/4 inches rounding the corners. I then took the Friend Definition stamp, and stamped it in Moonlight White Brilliance ink. I then took some Pink Pirouette cardstock, and cut that to 3 1/2 inches by 4 3/4 inches, rounding the corners.  I took Pink Pirouette ink, and stamped Antique Lettering  on the Pink Pirouette cardstock.  I went and stamped just the butterfly again in Close to Cocoa ink on Pink Pirouette cardstock, and cut it out.  I used a small SU stamp for the sentiment (stamped in Close to Cocoa ink), and foam mounted the butterfly over top of the butterfly on the Pink Pirouette cardstock.  To finish off the card, I made the foam mounted butterfly's wings bend just a bit, and added 4 pink gems to the wings.

I hope you've enjoyed looking at the cards Mary Dawn and I have done in the last 7 weeks.   This was a really, really fun challenge to do :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would LOVE to hear from you.