About Me

I am a new empty nester, and I love to make cards and ATCs. I am always looking for ways to use the product I have, to learn new techniques and ways to do things, and most of all, to have fun with the creating of my art.

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Christmas Card Madness!!




These are three more card designs that I have been doing lately.  I've been on a tear making Christmas cards, because my kids decided they needed about 50 between the two of them, and a set of 12 cards is a thank you gift to a family who has helped out one of the kids :)  I am still quite into the CAS mode, so the first two cards are very CAS.  The top card is a rosette patterned paper, with a Hero Arts Wise Men scene stamped on kraft cardstock, layered onto the patterned paper.  This was all done on a base blue notecard (dollar store).  The second card is also based on notecard from the dollar store, it's silver notecard.  I used some grey sparkly patterned paper as  a strip, then stamped the Happy Holidays on white cardstock and cut out with an oval punch, and foam mounted it onto the notecard. The card needed something else, so I added some sheer light pink ribbon to the sides to finish it off.  The last card I did I did for the Hero Arts 1.5 hour Scramble last Saturday.  The challenge was to use something that you DID NOT specifically buy for stamping on your card.  This was tough for me, since I seem to think of anything I buy in terms of stamping, but then realized that a used Bounce sheet would be perfect for some snow.  I tore the used sheet to fit my navy cardstock layer.  I then took silver ink and silver EP and stamped and embossed the Hero Arts Sparkle Tree. I then added the "snow" to the bottom of the tree. I needed a little something for the top of the image, so I punched out snowflakes in the colour of the base cardstock and added them to the navy layer.  I then mounted this on  to the base blue cardstock.  I used a Hero Arts stamp to stamp "Celebrate the Season" in Navy ink.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would LOVE to hear from you.