About Me

I am a new empty nester, and I love to make cards and ATCs. I am always looking for ways to use the product I have, to learn new techniques and ways to do things, and most of all, to have fun with the creating of my art.

Sunday, October 3, 2010

My First Card and My Newest Card



Anita from the Hero Art Flickr group has a blog challenge for us.. a blog hop of sorts.. it was to do our first card, and a card we made on World Card Making Day.  Well, the top card is a card I did for my daughter about 11 years ago.. I used Crayola markers to make the card, on text weight paper.... my how times have changed.  The bottom two cards are cards that I did using my favourite colours, pink, turquoise and brown.  All the stamps on the bottom two cards are Hero Arts ( Antique Letter Writing, Floating Garden, Birthday Greetings).  I had much fun with these cards.

The Butterfly card was an attempt at a CAS card, then I realized the stamp itself isn't CAS.  I the Antique Letter Writing stamp was done in Broken China on Pink Pirouette card stock.  I stamped the big butterfly again on PP cardstock in Broken China and cut it out, added some pearls to the wings, and foam mounted it over the original butterfly.

The bottom card has a Pink Pirouette base, with a Martha Stewart doily punch done on the open side.  Underneath that, there is a layer of dark brown paper, also done in the doily punch. The third layer is PP cardstock, with the doily punch on the edge. I used PP cardstock to stamp the Floating Garden on in Chocolate Chip ink (SU),  I foam mounted that over the layers of cardstock.  I stamped the Happy  Birthday in Chocolate Chip ink on Pink Pirouette cardstock, rounded the corners, and foam mounted that on the bottom of the card.

I also made 12 Christmas cards and a just a Note card, which I have already blogged about.  Thanks for looking!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow you have come along way from the first one. Isn't it wonderful to go back and look at where we were and how far we have come. I so love your cards at your different stages. Your a wonderful card maker and I am sure that your creativity will continue to grow. Thanks so much for sharing with all of us in our group over at HA Flickr'. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool to see your first card, 11 years ago!!! WOW! So awesome that you have been enjoying this hobby for so long! :> Love your cards today! The 2nd is my fav!

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you.