About Me

I am a new empty nester, and I love to make cards and ATCs. I am always looking for ways to use the product I have, to learn new techniques and ways to do things, and most of all, to have fun with the creating of my art.

Friday, October 1, 2010

Hero Arts Pairing Week 4 - Masculine card

my second most hated cards to make, after sympathy cards, are masculine cards.  As much as I'd like to say I like to make masculine cards, the men in my life all have very different interests, so it makes buying stamps and paper for them that much more difficult.  Thankfully, there's lots of friends all over the world who I can trade images with, so it's not quite so hard to get an image or two for the guys.  This weeks pairing challenge with Mary Dawn, we were to make a masculine card.  I have kept it simple, but I love it.  I started with Gamma Green Brilliance ink, and stamped the Watercolor Petal fern randomly on kraft card stock.  I then took  Cosmic Copper Brilliance ink, and stamped the leaf from Watercolor Petals randomly.  Lastly, I took Coffee Bean Brilliance ink and stamped the leaf from the flower Antique Engravings set randomly over the kraft card stock.  I then took the coffee bean ink again, and stamped the same leaf on copper paper, and cut it out.  On pale orange paper, I took the coffee bean ink and stamped "Best Wishes" from Essential Messages. I rounded the corners on the right side.  Once the orange paper was layered on to the card, I foam mounted the copper leaf to the left of the sentiment.  Not bad for a lady who doesn't have a lot of masculine stamps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would LOVE to hear from you.