About Me

I am a new empty nester, and I love to make cards and ATCs. I am always looking for ways to use the product I have, to learn new techniques and ways to do things, and most of all, to have fun with the creating of my art.

Friday, September 24, 2010

The Cards I Hate to Make.......Hero Arts Pairing Challenge Week 3




This week's pairing challenge was to make a sympathy card... ironically, I needed to make four.  This card is an Cuttlebug embossed bird and swirls on pale yellow cardstock, then run through the SU Top Note die.  I went over the top with SU Close to Cocoa ink.  I added some pale green twill across the embossed paper, and stamped "Sorry for your loss" form Hero Arts in Close to Cocoa. I layered this onto green wax paper resist (rounded the corners), then layered that onto cream base cardstock.

The second card I did, I took SU Bashful Blue ink, and stamped an Antique Engravings Flower three times on pale blue patterned paper.  I rounded the corners.  I then added so black ribbon, and stamped " Sorry for your loss" from HA on cream cardstock, and foam mounted it to the ribbon.  I then layered the blue paper to more patterned paper, rounded the corners, and mounted that layer to cream cardstock, where I rounded the corners again.
On the third card, on gold textured paper, I stamped a Crafty Individuals Dragonfly collage in Close to Cocoa, and let dry.  I layered it onto cream cardstock, then onto dark brown cardstock.  I rounded the corners on the cream cardstock, and the bottom of the brown cardstock.  I stamped "Sorry for your loss" form HA on cream cardstock, and foam mounted that to  bottom of the card.
 

The fourth sympathy card.  This time, I took white cardstock, and randomly stamped the leaf from Antique Engravings ( Flower), and the fern and leaf from Watercolour Petals. I used SU Mellow Moss, Nick Bantock Van Dyke brown and Vermilion Lacquer.  I then crumpled the cardstock, ran Close to Cocoa over the mountain areas, then flattened the card stock again.  I rounded the bottom two corners, and mounted this to Close to Cocoa card stock, rounding the corners on the bottom as well.  I then added some peach lace punch cardstock to the middle of the leaves.  Over that, I added a peach circle, edged in Close to Cocoa, and a white scalloped circle, with the "With Prayers and Deepest Sympathy" on it, stamped in Close to Cocoa.


I still have another one to make, so I'd best be off doing that.  I hope everyone has a great weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would LOVE to hear from you.