About Me

I am a new empty nester, and I love to make cards and ATCs. I am always looking for ways to use the product I have, to learn new techniques and ways to do things, and most of all, to have fun with the creating of my art.

Thursday, September 2, 2010

September Christmas Card Challenge


Well, I finally got a chance to photograph my September Christmas cards.  The theme this month is DEER.. it can be reindeer, or just regular  deer, or Rudolph.... just as long as there is one deer on the card.

For this card, I used some orange cardstock for the base, and patterned paper from Fancypants design (Frosted).  I cut the patterned paper to 1/2 inch smaller than the base in the width and height.  I then used my Hero Arts Cerulean chalk ink and stamped the reindeer and greeting ( The Stampin Place) on the patterned paper.  I then went and stamped the image again on white cardstock, and cut out the reindeer from the image.  I used dimensional foam tape to adhere the cut out reindeer over top of the reindeer that was on the patterned paper.  And Voila! I'm done.  I am very tempted to add some glitter to some snowflakes, but I wonder how much that will detract from the card.

On a side note, you have until 9pm Pacific time to join Deborah's CCC for September.. it's the Card Chain Challenge, and Deborah gives you a choice of a colour palette, sketch, or theme to follow.. you can do more than one element in the challenge, but you only need to do one.. it's quite the fun swap.  You can find Deborah's blog HERE .

1 comment:

  1. Karen,

    Hey! Managed to get some reindeer cards made for your challenge!!

    You can check them out here:

    http://tmalakart.blogspot.com/2010/09/reindeer-christmas-card-challenge.html

    Thanks for taking time for the challenge!!

    Therese

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you.