About Me

I am a new empty nester, and I love to make cards and ATCs. I am always looking for ways to use the product I have, to learn new techniques and ways to do things, and most of all, to have fun with the creating of my art.

Monday, November 8, 2010

PDCC54 and Card Pattern 89 Card

This is my card for this week's Play Date Cafe challenge, which was to use Stucco Orange, Celery Green and White as the main colours on a project.  The pattern on the card is from this week's Card Patterns challenge. For this card, I started with white cardstock for the base.  I used Versamark and stamped a flourish from Quietfire Designs.  Once it dried, I sponged Dried Marigold Distress Ink over top, purposefully leaving some areas whiter than others.  I had been given the orange and white patterned paper, so I made a layer on the now distressed cardstock base.  I added some celery punched cardstock along the bottom 1/3 edge of the card (the punch is Martha Stewart).  I used a 1 1/4 inch circle punch and punched two circles in celery green from patterned paper.  I stamped the flower twice in Dried Marigold ink (flower stamp is Hero Arts), punched it out using a 1 inch circle punch, and foam mounted it to the green patterned paper.  For the main image, I cut celery green patterned paper 1 1/2  wide by 3 1/2 inches long.  I cut the white cardstock 1 1/4 inches wide and 3 1/4 inches long.  I stamped the lady (Digital Princess Designs) in Onyx Black Versafine ink.   I foam mounted the lady on the green patterned paper, and foam mounted the green patterned paper onto the card.

5 comments:

  1. Wonderfully elegant image and design. Love that background dp, it's just lovely. Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the image and the balanced way you put it all together. Fab !!!
    sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, lovely image! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card design, and such an elegant image. Thanks for playing along with us in the cafe :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! I love the colors you used. Thanks for playing along with us at Card Patterns this week.

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you.