About Me

I am a new empty nester, and I love to make cards and ATCs. I am always looking for ways to use the product I have, to learn new techniques and ways to do things, and most of all, to have fun with the creating of my art.

Thursday, November 4, 2010

A Clean and Simple Christmas Card

This is the Christmas card I really mass produced this year.  I love it.  I had this poinsettia paper that I just didn't know what to do with.... until I purchased Wild Honey Distress Ink.  The colours were so complementary that I HAD to use the paper up somehow.  Well, I had this sketch from some time ago, I used it on another set of Christmas cards, but I like the idea so much I used it here too.  I used some Barely Banana and Cream cardstock for the base ( I quickly realized I would have no Barely Banana left  if  I only used that, so I went with Cream for the base about 1/4 of the way in).  The cream base cardstock is cut landscape style.  I used the poinsettia paper 1 1/2 inches wide and the height of the cardstock.  I taped it down well.  I used Fired Brick Distress Ink to stamp the Merry Christmas (Inkadinkado) on the base cardstock.  I took my Marvy 2 inch circle punch, and punched out the circle on cream cardstock (with the number of cards I made, it was easier and saved on paper to punch out first, then stamp the image on).  I stamped the solid poinsettia in Wild Honey Distress Ink, and went with the outline poinsettia in Fired Brick.  The poinsettia stamps are from SU, but I don't remember which set. I then edged the circle in fired brick, and foam mounted it so that just a bit of the right hand side was over the patterned paper.  I finished the card off by adding three golden gems to the top left hand side.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would LOVE to hear from you.