I am a new empty nester, and I love to make cards and ATCs. I am always looking for ways to use the product I have, to learn new techniques and ways to do things, and most of all, to have fun with the creating of my art.
This is my first time doing Jay Gee's challenge. I found it a nice challenge from what I usually do. I started with a kraft card base, and stamped Hero Arts Cling Dots in Victorian Velvet distress ink. I cut a piece of Certainly Celery cardstock 1 inch wide and 4.25 inches long, and stamped Hero Arts Friend Definition in Shabby Shutters distress ink. I adhered the Certainly Celery piece to the base cardstock. With the circle, the flower image was originally stamped in Victorian Velvet ink, but it didn't show, so the flower (Hero Arts) was stamped in Chipped Sapphire ink on pink bling Bazzil cardstock, and I used a 2.5 inch circle punch to punch out. Once I knew where I wanted the flower to sit, I adhered some Sookwang tape to the card base, extending to the edge of the card. Taking some Ribbon (Michaels) I attempted to do some ribbon pleating. This was my first time doing that, and I am pretty happy with the result. I cut the end after I was done pleating, and taped it to the inside of the card. I foam mounted the flower on top of the beginning of the ribbon to hide the other end. I finished the card by stamping Hero Arts "Congrats" in Chipped Sapphire distress ink on the bottom right hand corner.
I realized a little too late that I had missed the entry deadline for this challenge, but it was still fun to do.