About Me

I am a new empty nester, and I love to make cards and ATCs. I am always looking for ways to use the product I have, to learn new techniques and ways to do things, and most of all, to have fun with the creating of my art.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

PDCC86 and CFC#7


This is my entry for The Play Date Cafe Challenge 86 and the colour block challenge for CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #7.  I started with some Making Memories League Varsity cardstock, that I've had for ages, and made a quarter fold card base with the orange side.  Taking the flip side (the hollyhock colour), I cut a one inch wide strip from it, stamped the Hero Arts Envelope Pattern on it in Worn Lipstick Distress ink, and mounted it to the top of the card base.  I used a 2.5 inch square of the sky blue on the Varsity cardstock, and stamped Hero Arts Musical Walk in Weathered Wood Distress ink, and foam mounted it on to the card.  The pink seemed a tad overbearing, so I cut a .25 inch wide strip of the pale blue, and adhered it to the middle of the pink strip. I used the Hero Arts stamp Enjoy and stamped it on the right hand block in Worn Lipstick Distress Ink.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful balance of colors and design! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of bold colors--and what a beautiful silhouette image!! THANKS so much for playing along and joining in the fun over at the PDCC!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A truly adorable card. Great colors! Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you.