About Me

I am a new empty nester, and I love to make cards and ATCs. I am always looking for ways to use the product I have, to learn new techniques and ways to do things, and most of all, to have fun with the creating of my art.

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Playing with Watercolour Pencils





I was able to buy some Faber-Castell Watercolour Pencils for a great price a couple of weeks ago, and on the weekend I finally had some time to play with them.  All stamps are Hero Arts.  I started by stamping the flowers from Peeking Posies onto watercolour paper with Black Onyx Versafine ink.  I used a variety of colours to colour in the flowers (hey, it's a good excuse to see what each colour actually looks like :) )  Once I was happy with the colouring, I used a small paintbrush that I dipped into water, and smoothed out the colour.  I was happily surprised to see that the colour did indeed intensify with the water added to the pencil colouring.  I trimmed the images to size, then cut some black cardstock to be a .25 inch bigger all around, and mounted the flowers onto the black cardstock with foam tape.  I took some cardstock in coordinating colours and cut to a 4.25inch square card base.  I adhered the black squares onto the cardstock, then used the Just My Type set from Hero Arts to add the sentiments.  As tempted as I was to add some detail onto the background of the card, I resisted, because I really wanted the flower image to stand out.

I am now officially loving watercolour pencils :)  I think that Faber-Castell has 60 colours available, I will have to do a hunt to collect the other colours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would LOVE to hear from you.