About Me

I am a new empty nester, and I love to make cards and ATCs. I am always looking for ways to use the product I have, to learn new techniques and ways to do things, and most of all, to have fun with the creating of my art.

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Hero Arts Layered Backgrounds

These are a couple of cards that I did today, when I was playing with the Layered Background technique that Shari Carroll showed on the Hero Arts blog today.  I didn't have all the stamps she did, so I improvised.   I used part of the Friend Definition for the text, I don't have the Envelope Pattern stamp (yet, it's in the mail) I used a retired SU Crosshatch stamp.  For the image stamp, I used the new Hero Arts Large Blossom stamp.  I did about a half dozen of these, using different Distress Inks.

For the green card, I used a mix of Old Paper to do the block inking, Wild Honey for the Crosshatch and a mix of broken China, Walnut Stain and Vintage Photo for the inks.  I did experiment, because I don't own a Ranger Craft sheet yet, but borrowed a friend's for this technique.  It's next on my list to buy:). 


For the Purple card, I started by stamping the Large Fabric stamp in Milled Lavender on some Almost Amethyst cardstock, then I added a pink Bazzil layer under the image.  For the colours on the image, I used Worn Lipstick for the block colouring and Crosshatch, and a combination of Chipped Sapphire, Dusty Concord and Broken China for the flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would LOVE to hear from you.