About Me

I am a new empty nester, and I love to make cards and ATCs. I am always looking for ways to use the product I have, to learn new techniques and ways to do things, and most of all, to have fun with the creating of my art.

Friday, March 4, 2011

A Very Productive Stamping Day :)




I was at a friend's house today stamping, and made some cards that fit in with the Hero Arts challenge this month, Birthday cards.

This is a card I made today.  I started with a 10x 5 inch piece of DCWV Luxury cardstock in light green, and scored it to make a 5 x 5 inch card.  Using some scrap white cardstock, I inked up the Musical Walk and Happy Birthday stamp ( from the clear set of birthday wishes) in Shabby Shutters Distress Inks.  I used a 2.5 inch circle punch to punch out the Musical Walk image, and I trimmed the sentiment image to size.  I then punched a 3 inch circle from dark green cardstock, and took a piece a little bigger than the sentiment.  I layered the white circle on the dark circle. I rounded the corners of the base cardstock, and the sentiment layers.  I adhered the Happy Birthday flat to the card, but after adding some sheer white ribbon, I foam mounted the Musical Walk image on the card.

For the Poppy card, I started with white cardstock, I used a SU background stamp (I think it's French Script) and stamped it in Barn Door Red. Taking some textured red cardstock, I stamped Poppy Background in Versafine black ink. I rounded opposite corners and adhered to the card base.  Using a SU punch, I punch out the label shape in the same red cardstock as the Poppies.  I edged it in black, and stamped Happy Birthday on it. I foam mounted the label on to the card. The Poppy and Happy  Birthday stamp are Hero Arts.

I started with some pink Bazzil bling cardstock.  I rounded opposite corners.  I stamped Silhouette Bells in Versafine Black ink on white textured cardstock, colouring in with Regal Rose and Green Galore markers (SU).  I rounded all the corners, then mounted it onto some light green shimmer cardstock.  I rounded the opposite corners again, making sure that I did the reverse of what was on the card base.  I added some sheer white ribbon, and stamped Happy Birthday on the bottom right. All stamps are Hero Arts.

I used some blue Bazzil cardstock, cut at 4 1/4 inches by 11 inches, scored at 5 1/2 inches.  I took the Dots cling stamp, and stamped it in Memories Soft Baby Blue ink. I then used Walnut Stain Distress ink to stamp the typewriter and Happy Birthday sentiment from the Type clear set.  I punched the typewriter out with a 2 1/2 inch  circle punch.  With some scrap brown ribbon I had on hand, I wrapped it around the front of the card, and adhered the Happy Birthday to it.  I edged the circle in Walnut Stain Distress ink, and foam mounted it onto the card.  All stamps are Hero Arts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would LOVE to hear from you.