About Me

I am a new empty nester, and I love to make cards and ATCs. I am always looking for ways to use the product I have, to learn new techniques and ways to do things, and most of all, to have fun with the creating of my art.

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

March Christmas Card Challenge






For this month's Christmas card challenge, you need to use Holly on your card.  I ended up making about 8 cards like this... I have to admit, I totally CASed this card from someone else, but for the life of me, I couldn't find her.  So if you see the blog post about it (it had decorating and some cards) please let me know, and I'll be happy to credit her for the idea.  I started with green cardstock for a base.  I cut the white layer to be  about 5 x 3.75 inches.  I took the Hero Arts Musical Background and stamped the white cardstock in Antique Linen Distress ink.  Using Vintage Sepia Versafine ink, I took the Hero Arts Classic Holly and stamped it in the right hand corner. I used a watercolour pencil in Mineral Green and coloured in the holly leaves.  I used red Stickles for the holly berries.  I added a bit of sheer gold ribbon on the left hand side, and finished the card by stamping Quietfire Design's "Blessed is the Season" in Satin Red Versafine.  I then adhered the white layer to the green card base.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would LOVE to hear from you.