About Me

I am a new empty nester, and I love to make cards and ATCs. I am always looking for ways to use the product I have, to learn new techniques and ways to do things, and most of all, to have fun with the creating of my art.

Monday, March 7, 2011

Paper Craft Card rejects

These are some cards that I did to submit for publication to PaperCrafts Magazine, but they got rejected.  I submitted for sketched 6, 7, and 34.  I did do one for sketch 82, but unfortunately, I wasn't able to get it submitted in time to be considered.

For the sketch 6 card ( I have posted the cards in numerical order of the sketches) I started with 4.25 x 11 inches of white cardstock, scored at 5.5 inches.  I then trimmed 1.5 inches off of the front  of the card.  I stamped the sentiment "Friends" from Quietfire Designs in Shabby Shutter Distress Ink. I took some DCWV luxury stack cardstock, and cut a 1.5 inch wide by 6 inch long piece, and punched it with a Martha Stewart Doily edge punch.  I adhered the punched cardstock to the back of the card front, and trimmed to size.  I took a 1/4 x 6 inch piece of dark green cardstock ( DCWV) and taped it to the edge of the white card front. I finished the card with three large gems on the upper left hand side.

For the sketch 7 card, I started with 4.25 x 11 inch white cardstock, scored at 5.5 inches.  I took a piece of DCWV The Four Seasons cardstock, and cut it to 4 x 5.25 inches, and taped it to the base cardstock.  Using a 2 inch circle punch, I punched 3 circles in white scrap cardstock.  I stamped the star (Hero Arts) twice in Mustard Seed Distress Ink, and the Dove (Hero Arts) once in Stormy Sky Distress Ink.  I edged the three circles in the opposite colours the images were stamped in. I adhered the stars to the card front, and foam mounted the dove in the middle of the stars.  I  used the sentiment " Blessed is the Season" from Quietfire Designs and stamped that below the dove.

For sketch 34, I started with white cardstock, cut to 5.5 x 8.5 inches, scored at 4.25 inches.  I took Shabby Shutters Distress Ink and randomly stamped plant form Delicate Leaf Clusters (Hero Arts).  I then stamped the image again in Forest Moss Distress Ink. I took a 1.5 inch piece x 12 inch piece of DCWV Luxury cardstock and used the SU scallop punch on one side, cut to 6 inches, and foam mounted the two pieces onto either side of the  card front.  I  used a scrap piece of white cardstock, sponged it in Shabby Shutters Distress Ink, then edged it in Forest Moss Distress Ink.  I stamped "Get Well Soon" (Hero Arts) in Forest Moss, then double foam mounted it onto the card front.

For the last card, sketch 82, I started with some SU Certainly Celery cardstock, cut to 5.5 x 8.5 inches, and scored at 4.25 inches.  I used the Hero Arts friend Definition, and stamped that in Shabby Shutters Distress Ink, covering the entire front of the card.  I wanted to add some ribbon, so I made a small slot on the top of the card, and ran some sheer white ribbon through it..  I took some Luxury Stack cardstock, and drew the pattern that I wanted for it on the back.  I then traced it onto scrap paper, then copied it to the bottom of the piece of cardstock, so the wavy piece of cardstock would be the same thickness throughout.  Using some scrap cream cardstock, I  rounded the corners with a Marvy corner punch, and stamped Hello (Hero Arts) in Forest Moss Distress Ink, and adhered it to the bottom of the curve. Once that was done, I adhered the whole wavy piece to the card base.  I stamped the butterfly (Hero Arts) in Forest Moss Distress Ink, rounded the corners of the cardstock, and foam mounted it to the card front.

1 comment:

  1. Wow - those are lovely! Did they send you a note saying that they were rejected? My sheet says the deadline is March 18th.
    Sue R.

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you.