About Me

I am a new empty nester, and I love to make cards and ATCs. I am always looking for ways to use the product I have, to learn new techniques and ways to do things, and most of all, to have fun with the creating of my art.

Sunday, March 13, 2011

PDCC 72 Card

This is the card that I made for the Play Date Cafe Challenge 72.  The colour challenge this week was yellow orange, hot pink and navy.  I started with a card base of yellow orange, and stamped the Hero Arts Large Fabric Background in Wild Honey Distress Ink.  Taking some hot pink cardstock, I punched out 4 circles in different sizes, distressed the edges with the Tim Holtz Tonic Distress Tool, crumpled the circles, ran Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink over the mountains, and flattened the circles.  I used a hole punch to punch a hole through all four layers, then added a gold brad from my stash for the centre.  I used some sheer navy ribbon, and ran it down the length of the card.  I mounted the flower on the ribbon.  Using some scrap hot pink cardstock, I cut a 1 x 3 inch rectangle, distressed the edges with Tonic Distress Tool, edged it in Wild Honey ink, and stamped Hero Arts Happy  Birthday in Chipped Sapphire.  I foam mounted the happy birthday on to the card.

Please pardon the bad scans of my cards lately.  My camera just doesn't want to give crisp photos, and I am not sure if the camera is dying, or my apartment is just too dark.  The scans, although don't show the dimension as well as I'd like, at least it's more clear and crisp than my photos.  I am also putting this into the Hero Arts March challenge, which is birthday cards.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, that damask background stamp is DIVINE! Thanks for joining us at the Play Date Cafe this week. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you've distressed that simple but fun flower. Thanks for joining us this week at The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty, I love your flower. Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you.