About Me

I am a new empty nester, and I love to make cards and ATCs. I am always looking for ways to use the product I have, to learn new techniques and ways to do things, and most of all, to have fun with the creating of my art.

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Challenge Cards


These cards fulfill a couple of challenges.. one is the Queen of Hearts challenge that Suzanne at Quietfire is doing.  The other is the photo inspired  challenge HERE.  I took some DCWV scrapbook paper, and had a lot of fun with it.  On the top card, I used a Quietfire flourish heart and randomly stamped it all over some white cardstock. in Worn Lipstick Distress Ink.  I then went over the whole piece with Spun Sugar Distress Ink.  I then did the edging of the white cardstock in Barn Door Distress Ink.  I took the two doves and cut them out, cutting as close as I could.  I then added some vintage looking cream lace to the bottom right hand side of the heart, and attached both to the white cardstock.  I then used Barn Door Distress Ink and stamped the sentiment (Hero Arts).  To finish the card, I layered it on to dark green cardstock.

The second card uses another piece of the same paper.  I took a 3/3/4 x 5 piece of the scrapbook paper, and cut out the envelope that says "To the Keeper of my Heart".  I took a paper doily and and rubbed Barn Door Distress Ink on it. I cut the doily to fit in behind the cut out piece of scrapbook paper.  I then foam mounted the envelope on to the card.  To finish the card, I added the large flourish heart from Quietfire Designs, and I also added a key that I had gotten from a collage kit years ago.

4 comments:

  1. Karen these cards are wonderful! Love the Victorian look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet, Karen. Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty I love it!

    Thanks for joining us over at craft your days away this time!
    Dazie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Vintage style cards. Thanks for joining us at CYDA this time.
    Donna x

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you.