About Me

I am a new empty nester, and I love to make cards and ATCs. I am always looking for ways to use the product I have, to learn new techniques and ways to do things, and most of all, to have fun with the creating of my art.

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Weekend Challenge Cards






These are a couple of cards that I made this weekend for a couple of Hero Arts Flickr group challenges.  The top card was a colour challenge, it had a picture of what I think is a reddish yellow cone flower. The closest colours I had were SU's So Saffron cardstock, and Aged Mahogany Distress Ink.  I used a So Saffron card base, and taking the Hero Arts Large Fabric Cling stamp, inked it with the Aged Mahogany ink, and stamped it on the So Saffron cardstock.  Then, I took some Tim Holtz Tissue Tape and inked it with Aged Mahogany ink, then lined it up on the left hand side of the card.  It's hard to see in the scan, but I rounded all four corners with my new Corner Chomper :) ( I really LOVE the corner chomper, IMO it's worth every penny). Taking a length of creamy yellow ribbon, I wrapped it around the card front and attached to the back.  I took the Thank You stamp from the Type clear set and stamped it in Aged Mahogany Distress Ink on the ribbon.


For the second card, I started with a white card base, brown paper, and cream cardstock.  I cut the brown paper 5.25 x 4 inches, and the cream cardstock to 5 x 3.75 inches.  I took Tea Dye Distress Ink, and stamped Silhouette Grass on the cream cardstock.  I rounded all the corners of all the cardstock and paper.  I had some scrap brown ribbon left over in my stash, so I wrapped that around the cream cardstock, then adhered the cream layer to the brown paper layer.  I then adhered that to the white card base.  I took some scrap cream cardstock, and rounded the corners.  Using the "Hugs" stamp from the Hero Arts Type clear set, I stamped it in Walnut Stain Distress Ink.  I punched a hole in the cream scrap, and used some cream yarn to  tie it onto the brown ribbon.  To keep the Hugs from moving, I used a small piece of foam tape to stick the back of the cardstock and stuck it to the cream layer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would LOVE to hear from you.