About Me

I am a new empty nester, and I love to make cards and ATCs. I am always looking for ways to use the product I have, to learn new techniques and ways to do things, and most of all, to have fun with the creating of my art.

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

ATC Crazy!!





Well, Tuesday was stamping day for me ( a group of us in town here meet weekly to stamp and share ideas, and supplies :D).  I haven't touched making ATCs for a while, simply because there are so few swaps that I'm involved in.. it's sad, but on one group I'm in, I am the ONLY ATC swap going.  However, a friend of mine hosts a vintage collage ATC group, and I am blessed to be a part of it.  So, I decided I was going to catch up, and try and get most of the year finished yesterday... not hard when I have some Tim Holtz stamps to play with, that I hadn't even inked up before yesterday.

For the first ATC, I took some pale pink patterned paper (close to Tim's Tattered Rose colour), and added a strip of Nostalgia tissue tape to it. I then stamped the image over both the patterned paper and the tissue tape with Onyx Black Versafine ink.  I finished the ATC with 3 gems in pale pink in the upper right hand corner.

The second ATC was done on some cardstock I had. I was playing with my Distress Inks one day, and made a sheet of distressed blue cardstock. I added some shimmer to it with the Tsukinenko shimmer spray.  I stamped the image  in Majestic Blue Versafine, and finished the ATC by sponging some Memories Soft Peach ink on the ATC.

The car ATC was fun to do.  I had some travel patterned paper that I had no idea what to do with, so I cut it to ATC size, put it on some cardstock backing, and stamped the image in Vintage Sepia Versafine.  I was going for a masculine feel for this ATC (for Father's Day), so I didn't add anything else to the ATC.

The Fourth ATC was done on some Distressed Yellow cardstock.. I had just randomly stamped some yellow Distress Inks on some acetate, misted with water, and laid the cardstock on it.  It needed a punch, so I just randomly stamped some Wild Honey Distress ink in places and spritzed with water. Once it was dry, I stamped the image in Versafine Vintage Sepia.  I sponged some Memories Soft Peach ink on the edges of the ATC, and completed the ATC with some fun fibre that I had lying around.

The Tattered Sparrow ATC (the only name I can remember :)) is just the Tattered Sparrow stamped in Versafine Vintage Sepia over some WalMart patterned paper backed on to some cardstock.

Please pardon the photos.... I am having issues with my camera not staying in focus,  and I tried to photograph the images with a fabric backing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would LOVE to hear from you.