About Me

I am a new empty nester, and I love to make cards and ATCs. I am always looking for ways to use the product I have, to learn new techniques and ways to do things, and most of all, to have fun with the creating of my art.

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Hero Arts Sketch Card

This is a card that is for the Hero Arts challenge this month.  They had a technique, a theme, and some sketches to play with.  I chose one sketch, and made this card.  I started with Bazzil bling pink cardstock, cut and folded to a standard sized card. I added a strip of patterned paper that I got at WalMart, then went over that with a kraft scalloped edge piece.  I added a turquoise button.  I took some green and pink patterned paper from WalMart again and punched a 2.5 inch circle.  I stamped the butterfly ( Hero Arts - Antique Engravings) in Broken China Distress Ink.  I adhered the patterned paper strip, the kraft strip, and the punched circle to the pink card base.  I stamped "just because" (Hero Arts) in Broken China Distress Ink.  I finished the card by added 5 light blue gems to the card.

1 comment:

  1. Let me guess... the button on the card... is, well... "Just Because"? I mean really, what does it do? There's no pants, no shirt, no reason for it to be there! LOL! :P

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you.