About Me

I am a new empty nester, and I love to make cards and ATCs. I am always looking for ways to use the product I have, to learn new techniques and ways to do things, and most of all, to have fun with the creating of my art.

Thursday, April 21, 2011

LawnFawn


I got my first set of LawnFawn stamps late last week, and Tuesday was the first day I had to play with it.  I had won the Lunar Lights set,  and I've heard so much good about LawnFawn that I was eager to play with the stamps.

For the butterfly ATC, I was doing a Oh Canada! theme, and the flourish and butterfly stamp are Quietfire Design.  However, I didn't have a Quietfire stamp that was short enough (height wise) to fit in the space for the sentiment, so I used LawnFawn's "Shine Brightly" sentiment from the Lunar Lights set.. Let me tell you, I was very impressed with the clear, crisp impression of the LawnFawn
stamp.  I did wonder if I was just lucky, or if it was really as great as the first stamping.  I didn't take long to find out.

For the second ATC, I was making my Christmas ATCs, and I wanted to paper piece my present.  I took the box from Lunar Lights, and stamped it on patterned paper.  It stamped like a dream.  And the bow that came with the Lunar Lights set did well too.  Safe to say, I'll be buying more LawnFawn in the future. With this ATC, I stamped the star from Hero Arts in Shabby Shutters Distress Ink randomly over the grey/beige cardstock.  I layered a piece of DCWV cardstock from "The Four Seasons" over top, then I foam mounted my paper pieced present on the snowflake cardstock.  I stamped "Noel" (Unknown company) in the bottom right hand corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would LOVE to hear from you.