About Me

I am a new empty nester, and I love to make cards and ATCs. I am always looking for ways to use the product I have, to learn new techniques and ways to do things, and most of all, to have fun with the creating of my art.

Saturday, April 2, 2011

My "Daughter's" Going Away Card





Well, my "daughter" is leaving us come Monday April 4th for Manitoba.  She's actually my daughter's friend, but with the witness of my daughter and us, she became a Christian, and my husband and I have kind of taken her in as a "daughter".  Since she's moving to Manitoba permanently, I wanted to do a neat card for her.  I love this card , it's vintage, but still very clean and simple.


. Using some patterned paper, I stamped the HA classic Fabric stamp in versamark, then clear embossed. I distressed the paper in Worn Lipstick, Dried Marigold and Tumbled Glass. I ironed off the EP, leaving the background. I rounded the corners. I took 4 circles of white cardstock in varying sizes, distressed the edges,, crumpled, then ran Tattered Rose Distress Ink on it. I took a big brad, inked it in black pigment ink, then embossed with Kaleidoscope EP. I attached the flower with the brad, and attached the flower to the scrapbook paper. I added the ribbon, then mounted the piece onto white cardstock, rounding the edges. I finished the card with "Journey" (Quietfire Designs) in chipped Sapphire Distress Ink.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would LOVE to hear from you.