About Me

I am a new empty nester, and I love to make cards and ATCs. I am always looking for ways to use the product I have, to learn new techniques and ways to do things, and most of all, to have fun with the creating of my art.

Sunday, August 1, 2010

August Christmas Card Challenge!!

Well,  today has been great... not only did I get to spend time with the family, a buck and his doe were in the back "yard" of our apartment building..... eating whatever they could.  There was some thunder, which unfortunately spooked them and they ran off.  It's such a blessing to me to see wildlife like that.... you certainly don't see as much of it in the big cities, and in the big cities, they don't tolerate any wildlife there, unless it's in a zoo.  Here, the deer were left alone, and hopefully they got back into the forest.

Now, on to the challenge for Christmas cards in August.. this month, your challenge is to use TAGS on your cards.  I don't care what size or colour the tags are, just as long as there's at least one tag on your Christmas cards.. here is my sample...

I used cream based cardstock, and distressed it with Old Paper and Tattered Rose inks.  I then put some embossed cardstock on the cream, leaving a 1/4 border. I also rounded two corners of the embossed cardstock and the base cardstock.  I took some Shipping tags, and distressed them in Tattered Rose, Old Paper, Worn Lipstick and Fired Brick inks.  With Versafine Onyx Black ink, I stamped a Tim Holtz Santa Claus on the tag.  I added some black and red fibre to the top of the tag, and mounted the tags on an angle to the embossed cardstock.

1 comment:

  1. Karen,

    Hey! I finally got to making Christmas cards with a tag - a small one mind you but I really like how it hangs and giggles so freely!!

    http://tmalakart.blogspot.com/2010/08/christmas-cards-challenges.html

    Thanks for the challenge!

    Therese
    www.tmalakart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you.