About Me

I am a new empty nester, and I love to make cards and ATCs. I am always looking for ways to use the product I have, to learn new techniques and ways to do things, and most of all, to have fun with the creating of my art.

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Happy Birthday to a Special Boy

This is a card inspired by Kristina Werner.  A couple of weeks ago, she did a card that had very little stamping on it, it was all punched out circles on a base card stock, with some stripes to fill in the card a bit.  This is my take on it.  I used some Basic Grey Dissidant patterned paper, as well as some other random scraps I had into 3/4 inch circles.  For the card base, I used orange card stock, then added Dried Marigold, Worn Lipstick, Victorian Velvet and Fired Brick distress inks to age the card stock.. for even more interest, I took my Nick Bantock ink in Van Dyke brown, and lightly stamped over the cardstock.. I went randomly, and with the curve in my pad, only the outside lines showed.  I placed and taped my circles all over the card front, spacing them out as evenly as I could.   I then took some scrap orange cardstock, and cut it thinly into two long pieces. I added dash lines to them.  I stamped "Happy Birthday" (Hero Arts) in the Van Dyke brown on cream cardstock.  I also cut a piece of brown paper that I had punched some circles with to add to the bottom.  With the circles in place, I added the stripe on the left side of the card, then the cream cardstock, then the brown paper, then the second orange piece of cardstock.  I finished off by rounding three of the corners.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would LOVE to hear from you.