About Me

I am a new empty nester, and I love to make cards and ATCs. I am always looking for ways to use the product I have, to learn new techniques and ways to do things, and most of all, to have fun with the creating of my art.

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Going Dotty.....



This is another card I did today.  I got to use a Tim Holtz embossing folder (DOTS) and sanded the patterned paper so that some of the pattern came off the raised dots.  I then ran Chocolate Chip ink lightly over the whole thing, not worrying whether or not I got all the dots.  I love this distressed look. I took a flower stamp from Hero Arts Antique Engravings (the floral set) and stamped it three times, once in Victorian Velvet Distress Ink, and twice in Worn Lipstick Distress Ink.  I took an extra piece of the dotted paper, and put it on the bottom of the cream piece with the stamping on it, and added a Hero Arts sentiment in Chocolate Chip ink (SU).  All of this was on a  cream base cardstock

2 comments:

  1. fabulous card Karen ,,, the flowers are beautiful and I love how you created the background ,, very arty :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. please consider turning off word verification x

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you.