About Me

I am a new empty nester, and I love to make cards and ATCs. I am always looking for ways to use the product I have, to learn new techniques and ways to do things, and most of all, to have fun with the creating of my art.

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Mojo 150 and 4 Patterned Papers


Good morning!! I am sneaking in a post here just before church.  I wanted to do the Mojo 150 challenge, so I did.  I also wanted to use Kristina Werner's challenge of using 4 different patterned papers on a project, which I also managed to do.   I used Pink Pirouette cardstock (SU) for the base.  I then used some discontinued SU patterned paper that I've been hoarding for a few years.  The colour combo is Pink Pirouette ( before it was a colour), Close to Cocoa and Purely Pomegranate.   I used the brown with circles in rows as the layer over the base, and a pink flowered layer over that.  I used a Martha Stewart punch for decorating the bottom.    The third layer (under the image) is pink stripes and white circles on brown.  The top layer of paper is a solid pink, which I stamped a Hero Arts flower (Antique Engravings) on it in Purely Pomegranate.  I added some white sheer ribbon, and two brown pearls, and I distressed a white oval with Pink Pirouette ink, then edged it in Purely Pomegranate. I stamped the Hello  (Hero Arts) in Purely Pomegranate.  To keep the card fairly flat, everything was just taped down except for the  oval, which is on foam tape.  To finish off the card, I used faux stitching around the brown layers with a white gel pen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would LOVE to hear from you.