About Me

I am a new empty nester, and I love to make cards and ATCs. I am always looking for ways to use the product I have, to learn new techniques and ways to do things, and most of all, to have fun with the creating of my art.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

A Real Buggy Birthday Card!!


A good friend of mine is celebrating her 65th birthday today.  She LOVES ladybugs, and the idea for this card popped into my head some time ago.  I took a 6 x 12 inch piece of red cardstock, and folded it in half.  I used a 5  1/2 inch circle to make the body of the ladybug.  I just made sure that I didn't cut it in a way that cut the entire fold away.  I also die cut a 3 1/2 inch black circle for the head.   I started by drawing a line down the middle of the card, then going over it in black Sharpie, to delineate the wings.  I then folded the 3 1/2 inch black circle in half, and attached it to the red body.  Once I figured out which way the 65 would work, I drew the 6 and the 5 lightly in pencil.  I then used a Hero Arts stamp (Antique Engravings insect set) and used the ladybug to "draw" the 65.  I then erased the pencil lines.  I punched out two 1 inch circles in white cardstock for the eyes of the ladybug.  I kept the card quite flat, simply because I couldn't figure out a way to mount a few little ladybugs on the numbers without ruining the shape.

Just a note, the photo  was taken by my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would LOVE to hear from you.