About Me

I am a new empty nester, and I love to make cards and ATCs. I am always looking for ways to use the product I have, to learn new techniques and ways to do things, and most of all, to have fun with the creating of my art.

Monday, May 9, 2011

CAS-ual Friday and Lawnscaping Card

This card satisfies  both the CAS-ual Friday and the Lawnscaping challenges this week.  I was to do a text based card for CAS-ual Friday, and a Celebration card for the Lawnscaping challenges.  I started with some blue based green cardstock (I think it might be the retired Glorious Green from SU), cut and folded to a standard sized card.  Next, using some Basic Grey Kioshi paper, I cut it to 5 x 3.75 inches, and with Scattered Straw Distress Ink, stamped the Hero Arts Friend Definition on it.  I took some scrap pale yellow patterned paper, and stamped the Dress ( LawnFawn) in Gamma Green Brilliance Ink.  I took a red punch out that I had lying around, and trimmed some more of that yellow patterned paper to fit inside of it.  I stamped Congrats (LawnFawn) in Gamma Green Ink.  I added some red bling   ( Recollections) to the middle of the dress.  I used Sookwang tape and adhered the yellow scrap with the sentiment on it to the red punch out, then adhered the punch out to the patterned paper.  I added some yellow sheer ribbon (Michaels) vertically to the card.  I adhered the patterned paper to the card base.  I used some foam tape to attach the dress to the card.

This card could be used as either a new job, graduation, or engagement card.

7 comments:

  1. How delightful! Love your soft color palette! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays. Hope to see your fabulous work again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very pretty! That image is really sweet and the texty background is the perfect subtle backdrop for such a beautiful dress. Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! Love the dress =) TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! Love the the dress on top of the text background. Wonderful way to incorporate both challenges into your card! Love your touch of bling, too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Lawnscaping! Hope to see you again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely card!
    Thanks for playing CAS!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet text background with the dress image :) Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a soft, pretty card. SO glad you joined us for CAS-ual Fridays and hope you'll play again!

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you.