About Me

I am a new empty nester, and I love to make cards and ATCs. I am always looking for ways to use the product I have, to learn new techniques and ways to do things, and most of all, to have fun with the creating of my art.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Hero Arts Challengee May 14th



To make my cards, I started with a 3.75 x 5 inch pieces of white cardstock. I took a Hero Arts background stamp, and stamped it in Distress Ink. Using the Classic Fabric background stamp by Hero Arts, I used Versamark on  the stamp, added my stamped paper over top, then clear embossed. Once the embossing was dry, I used various Distress Inks to cover the areas that weren't resisted by the embossing powder. Once I was happy with the distressing, I ironed off the EP onto some scratch paper ( I used computer paper.. cheaper than cardstock). I stamped (the image) by Hero Arts onto the cardstock (cut/punched out) the image, and added a sentiment. With the myriad of Distress Inks I used, I ended up with three very different cards, but I like them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would LOVE to hear from you.