About Me

I am a new empty nester, and I love to make cards and ATCs. I am always looking for ways to use the product I have, to learn new techniques and ways to do things, and most of all, to have fun with the creating of my art.

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Make it and Mail it Challenge 1 Card

Lisa Spangler is having a make it and mail it challenge, and here is the card I did.  I also wanted to do the Hero Arts Layering Stamps challenge for April, but I wasn't able to get it photographed and uploaded in time for that challenge. I started with a white card base, cut and scored to a standard sized card.  I took some DCWV LUXURY cardstock in black and white, cut it to being 5.25 x 4 inches, and rounded opposite corners.  With some Cool Caribbean scrap cardstock, I cut it to size and rounded the corners that were opposite to the black cardstock.  Using white cardstock, and Tumbled Glass Distress Ink, I stamped Hero Arts Antique Letter Writing on the cardstock.  I used Versafine Black Onyx ink to over stamp Large Blossom (Hero Arts) on the white cardstock.  I went and rounded the opposite corners again. then layered the stamped panel to the Cool Caribbean panel to the black cardstock panel to the white card base.  To finish the card, I used some Autumn Leaves Chipboard Letters to write "for you" on the card.  This card is the one I am mailing on Monday to my birth mother in Ontario.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would LOVE to hear from you.