About Me

I am a new empty nester, and I love to make cards and ATCs. I am always looking for ways to use the product I have, to learn new techniques and ways to do things, and most of all, to have fun with the creating of my art.

Monday, May 16, 2011

Publication reject cards


These two cards I did for the PaperCraftsMag Holiday Card issue, with quick and simple cards.  These are easy cards to make, they only took me a bout 5 - 7minutes to make, once the idea in my head.  For the top card, I started with some Cherry Cobbler cardstock (SU), cut, scored and folded to a standard sized card. I rounded all the corners on the cardstock.  Taking some DCWV Luxury Stack cardstock in gold, I cut it to 3.75 x 5 inches for a mat on the base cardstock, again, rounding all the corners.  I used a Quietfire Stamp (When This Christmas) and stamped it on white cardstock in Aged Mahogany Distress Ink.  Using a Marvy 3 inch circle punch, I punched out the sentiment, and edged the circle in Wild Honey ink.  I finished the card by mounting the sentiment on the gold mat with foam tape.

The second card might seem a tad familiar, since I've done this sketch a few times before.  I just really, REALLY, love this sketch.  I started with some So Saffron cardstock (SU) and cut it so the card measured 5.5 x 4 inches ( I trimmed a .25 inch off so that I could get three cards done with one strip of patterned paper).  I used some Susan Wignet Christmas paper (Holly) and cut a 1.5 inch strip off the 12x 12 paper, cutting it at 4 inches, and adhered to the card base.  Next, I took the stamp "Blessed is the Season" (Quietfire Design) and stamped it on the bottom of the card in Forest Moss Distress Ink.  On some scrap white cardstock, I stamped the Ornament stamp (Hero Arts) in Aged Mahogany Distress Ink.  I used a 2 inch circle punch from Marvy to punch out the ornament.  I finished the card by foam mounting the ornament to the cardstock. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would LOVE to hear from you.