About Me

I am a new empty nester, and I love to make cards and ATCs. I am always looking for ways to use the product I have, to learn new techniques and ways to do things, and most of all, to have fun with the creating of my art.

Saturday, May 14, 2011

My Hero Arts NSD Challenge card


This card I whipped up to meet the Hero Arts National Scrapbook Day challenge... last minute, of course. I started with a dark brown card base, and used two coordinating pieces of patterned paper, one for the scalloped edge, one for the background. Taking some fancy green cardstock, I punched 3 1.25 inch circles. I used the circular "Birthday Wishes" from the Hero Arts birthday set, and stamped it twice on white cardstock with Versafine Black ink. I punched out the Birthday Wishes with a 1 inch punch, then layered the Wishes onto two of the circles. I took some SU Pink Pirouette cardstock, trimmed it to 3.25 x 1.5 inches, rounded the corners, stamped the Envelope Pattern stamp in Spun Sugar, and adhered the plain circle with double sided tape. The Wishes on the right had one layer of foam tape, the Wishes on the left has two layers of foam tape on it. I used a 2.5 square of Pink Pirouette cardstock, rounded the corners, and stamped the Envelope Pattern stamp in Spun Sugar. I then took the big flower from Real Flowers, and stamped it in Victorian Velvet Distress ink.. I finished the card by adhering the pink cardstock piece to the card, on a diamond shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would LOVE to hear from you.