About Me

I am a new empty nester, and I love to make cards and ATCs. I am always looking for ways to use the product I have, to learn new techniques and ways to do things, and most of all, to have fun with the creating of my art.

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Thank You Card

There is a family that has kind of taken over for us as "parents" for my youngest, who is across country in university.  Since they have been so wonderful, I thought I could send them some cards to use, as well as a thank you card.  This is the Thank You card.   With SU Certainly Celery cardstock, cut and scored to a standard sized card, portrait style.  I took some Basic Grey Kioshi patterned paper, and cut it to a .25 inch smaller than the base cardstock, and rounded the bottom corners. Using Tim Holtz's nature Elements mini stamps (Stampers Anonymous)  I stamped the weed three times in Forest Moss Distress Ink.  I stamped the butterfly from the same set in Walnut Stain Distress ink once on to the patterned paper, then stamped it again on a scrap of the patterned paper.  I cut out the butterfly on the scrap paper, and foam mounted it right over where the butterfly was above the weeds.   I used a Hero Arts stamp "Merci" from the Paris clear set, and stamped that  in Walnut Stain Distress Ink.  I took some polka dot ribbon (Michaels) and wrapped it around the paper, tying a knot just off centre to the left.  I finished the card by adhering the patterned paper to the card base, and rounded bottom corners on the base card stock.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would LOVE to hear from you.