About Me

I am a new empty nester, and I love to make cards and ATCs. I am always looking for ways to use the product I have, to learn new techniques and ways to do things, and most of all, to have fun with the creating of my art.

Monday, May 2, 2011

One of my friends got some Craft Concepts Embossing Folders, and I was blessed enough that she ran a few pieces of cardstock through it for me.  This card is the result of one of those run throughs.  I used some DCWV cardstock from "The Four Seasons" pack (it's the Love scrapbook page) and cut it to just under standard cardstock size.   My friend ran it through the "wings" embossing folder (at least I think that's the correct name). I rounded the corners, then I decided to highlight the butterflies by rubbing Tattered Rose Distress Ink all over the raised areas.  Using some SU Victorian crochet lace, and Victorian Velvet Distress Ink, I inked up a piece of the lace, and adhered it to the butterfly layer.  I used another die cut for the flower (or was it a punch?? can't remember) and punched out a flower in pink Bazzil bling. I attached the flower to the card by using a button brad in cream.  To add the sentiment, I took some white cardstock, rubbed it with Tattered Rose Distress Ink,  then stamped the sentiment (Inkadinkado) in Victorian Velvet.  I put the butterfly layer onto the red card base, and I rounded the corners on the red cardstock.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would LOVE to hear from you.