About Me

I am a new empty nester, and I love to make cards and ATCs. I am always looking for ways to use the product I have, to learn new techniques and ways to do things, and most of all, to have fun with the creating of my art.

Sunday, May 22, 2011

CST Challenge Card

CST is a group on Yahoo Groups for Canadian Stampers.. I have been a member there since 2003.... it was the first group I joined, with some prodding from friends who were already members.  The challenge for this week was to use ribbon or buttons.  I used both.  I started with So Saffron (SU) cardstock, cut, scored and folded to a standard sized card.  I stamped the Hero Arts stamp Envelope Pattern in Scattered Straw on the card.  I found a 2.5 inch circle of Apricot Appeal cardstock, and a 2 inch white scalloped circle blank.  I stamped the Poinsettia (SU) in Scattered Straw, and did the over stamping in Wild Honey Distress ink.  I stamped the sentiment (Inkadinkado) in Scattered Straw, realized it was too pale, so I over stamped it in Wild Honey.  I had some scrap ribbon that I used to anchor the layered circles to the card.  To finish the card, and add some interest, I added 3 red buttons, tied with pale yellow embroidery floss.  I also added some red Stickles to the poinsettia.  I happened to be working on Christmas card designs when I saw the challenge, hence a Christmas card in May.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would LOVE to hear from you.