About Me

I am a new empty nester, and I love to make cards and ATCs. I am always looking for ways to use the product I have, to learn new techniques and ways to do things, and most of all, to have fun with the creating of my art.

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

CCC July Card that I made

This was my first month doing the CCC challenge on Deborah's blog HERE.  I still haven't received my card yet, but hey, it's Canada Post, it's supposed to be slow, right!?  I will say that the ladies who work in our local Post Office are WONDERFUL, and I am very thankful for them... some of the management decisions, however, make me shake my head in wonder..... oh well, back to the card I did.

There was a choice of a theme, sketch, or colour palette to work with for July, and I chose to do the sketch and theme of friendship. I flipped the sketch on its side, and used a Martha Stewart punch for the paper ribbon, and some sheer blue ribbon from Michaels for the top ribbon.  I used a Nestability to cut out the oval ( I don't own a die cut machine, but I have friends who do, and we even have die cut days at stamping).  I inked the oval in SU Bashful Blue ink.  The stamp, from Quietfire Designs, is stamped in SU Night of Navy ink.  I added some platinum Liquid Pearls for an accent at the bottom of the verse.

The person I sent this to has already received it, so I'm posting it now.  I am glad that she enjoyed the card. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would LOVE to hear from you.