About Me

I am a new empty nester, and I love to make cards and ATCs. I am always looking for ways to use the product I have, to learn new techniques and ways to do things, and most of all, to have fun with the creating of my art.

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Mini Books!!!


Well, I finally decided to try my hand at mini books again.  I had done a couple of them a few years ago, and really wasn't happy with the results. With my kid and all the friends going away come September, I thought it would be a great idea to make them each a mini book, so that they can take pictures and journal in the book, to take with them to school. The covers are all chipboard coasters that I have covered in paper, and either stamped or just embellished, depending on how much the kids are travelling.  All the stamps are Hero Arts, and the chipboard letters are from the dollar store.  For the middle, I took a 12 x 12 inch sheet of thin cardstock, and scored it at 3,6 and 9 inches, both ways on the paper, so I ended up with  3 inch squares all over the cardstock.  I then cut it like an M, then folded it, so that I had about 16 pages to work with.  I stamped the inside a bit, made pockets for the tags, and left some pages blank for photos.  I added fibres and ribbon at the top of the tags.  I did try and keep each kid in mind for the book.  I did Japanese book binding (modified), that I learned from a Hero Arts video.. I believe it was a Lisa Spangler video.

Well, now it's just a matter of getting the books to the kids, so there will be time to take all those photos!!

1 comment:

  1. Nice Books. Then again, I'm your Husband. I "might" have other motives for saying so. :P

    ~JawnyG

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you.